Latest Post :
Home » , , , , » Gone Girl Movie Review (2014)

Gone Girl Movie Review (2014)

{[['']]}
gone girl (2014) movie posterGone Girl is directed by David Fincher, stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. This movie is about a guy who’s wife go missing, the mystery surrounding that, the press and the media view of him. Was he involved? Was he not involved? What happened to this girl and where is she?
I was very excited about this movie because David Fincher is one of my favorite director. I mean he will have an actor do the smallest little thing like a hundred times. If you've watched Zodiac (2007) making up, there is a shot where Jake Gyllenhaal tosses a note book onto a car seat. He had him do that one tiny little movement so many times. And that’s why I love David Fincher. He’s a perfectionist.
And what the reason he hired Ben Affleck to play the husband in this movie is because Ben Affleck himself as a person has been under intense media scrutiny in a lot of public harassment for his entire life. So this role is perfect for him and he’s fantastic in this movie. This is one of Ben Affleck’s best performances. Rosamund Pike is also excellent in this movie. This is probably the best work I’ve seen from her, period.
I love Gone Girl. I want to talk to you guys about some really specific reasons as to why this movie affected me so much. For once, the marketing campaign. The marketing campaign for this movie was absolutely brilliant. I barely knew anything going on in this movie. I actually know someone who works for the company that handed all the trailers for this movie directly with David Fincher’s involvement.
Their entire goal was to make people interested in the movie without revealing whole bunch of random things that you don’t need to know until you sit there in that theater and experience the movie for yourself. Fincher cherishes the movie going experience and that is something that I absolutely applaud.
Thank you so much to the marketing team for keeping so much in this movie as secret. Because as the film progress, it continuously surprise me. It got darker and darker, and meaner, and maniacal to the point where my mouth was dropped on a number of occasions and that is where things about this movie that really stuck with me when it ended. Because it really makes you think differently about the way we perceive the media, about the way we perceive the news, and about how we are able to make ourselves think that something is factual just because we read it on the internet, or we saw it on television.
Its so easy to take someone we’ve never met and make them out to be something that they’re not and that some in this movie explored so well was how the news and the media can affect the situation and everyone just thinks that’s what it is, that’s true, and you get to see the behind the scenes at how a person’s life can literally crumble to the ground until there’s nothing left simply based off of a few lies.
Gone Girl is one of the best looking films of the year, without a doubt. What I love so much about this movie is there are so many hidden facets to this story that I knew nothing about that I won’t spoil for anyone because I want you to be able to experience them as well just as I did, without knowing that various twists and turns the story takes do not come off as showy, they come off as “Wow”. That is a great screenplay.
Affleck and Pike are fantastic in this movie but there are two casting choices that I was very skeptical about when I walked in this movie (Tyler Perry and Neil Patrick Harris). And I want to say this right off the bat, Tyler Perry was great in this movie. He was very, very good. Humongous surprise. He plays Ben Affleck’s lawyer in the film. Finally he got a serious role that was not in a grandma outfit, that wasn’t Alex Cross and he did a good job with that.
That being said, Neil Patrick Harris, stuck out like a sore thumb in this movie in my opinion. I think he was completely miscast unfortunately. Gratefully he was not in the movie that much. I think Neil Patrick Harris is a very talented gentlemen. I have nothing against him. I just don’t think he was the right actor for the role he got in the movie. I think he is a vastly talented comedian and performer but in this intense dramatic role that he is given as this guy who obsesses over Rosamund Pike since high school, didn’t really work for me.
Besides that, I think this is one of the best movie of the year. It just the story that is so dark and rude. You see the truth in a lot of things that are portrayed in this movie. You know that things like this happen every day and that is what so shocking about it.
So I’m going to start doing this and you guys should too. Next time you see a headline on the news or internet or whatever, take it with a grain of salt because you never quite know what’s going on behind the scenes.
I love this movie, definitely check it out. It sneaks up on you, its dramatically powerful, it’s wonderfully acted.



Director: David Fincher
Writers: Gillian Flynn (screenplay), Gillian Flynn (novel)
Stars: Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris
Duration: 149 min
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Translate

JOIN OVER 1000+ SUBSCRIBERS
 
Support : Gudang Makalah | Misteri Dunia | Lasy Blog
Copyright © 2014. Game and Movie Review - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger